Made in the USA at the Deering shop with the same tooling we use to make the top of the line banjos, the Goodtime banjos are the most affordable American made banjos. They are so accurate, many professionals record and perform with Goodtime banjos.
A resonator back provides more projection of sound in the Goodtime Two. We make it here in the USA, at the Deering shop with the same tooling we use to make the top of the line banjos. Greg Deering designed the Goodtime banjos because there were no low priced banjos of enough quality for people to actually learn on without difficulty or giving up. He remembers what it was like to want a good banjo and not be able to afford one, so his gift to others is the Goodtime banjo line.
The Goodtime Two weighs 6 lbs - about the weight of a guitar. The Goodtime Two has a natural blonde maple with a satin finish to protect it. The rich, golden tone and the reverberation off the resonator sound great. You can definitely tell a volume difference between open back and a Goodtime Two. The sound waves aren't getting trapped between you and the banjo, which makes a pretty big difference. If you want a great low priced bluegrass banjo for travel and leisure that plays correctly and is durable, this is the best buy on the market!
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bowtie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Guitar Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Patented Steel Goodtime Special Tone Ring
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Blond Maple
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a bell like tone that is loud, crisp and clear and easily heard in a band setting.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes from the factory with light gauge strings 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- Can be played with medium gauge as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 8 lbs
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a six year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Free pick-up from store - $0.00
Free pick-up in store from 197 Morayfield Road, Morayfield QLD 4506.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Guitar Exchange users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.